Monday, May 4, 2009

Barely Abstract


In my abstract art experiments, I try different techniques. In this case, I tried collage, then attempt to obscure the image with expressionistic brushstrokes. Making the image barely visible. I titled it "Barely". Scaduto in describing Bob Dylan's songs from the 70's wrote " the songs that were beginning to flow from him were growing more transcendent, less concretely objective, increasingly filled with shapes of vivid fantasy, with the motifs out of the collective unconscious." More of my work evolves out of the collective unconscious. Abstract. With no real objective, except to solve the problems on the paper. The color. The composition, or lack of one. The less than discernible forms.The quest for something new. Something transcendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment